Offer to young people to stimulating learning experiences for groups (15-25 people) of students as high schools, universities, Alumni, Girls guides and Boys Scouts developing educational visits, work volunteers projects and tourism in rural communities of Costa Rica with a homestay experience in the local communities we run the projects.
The experience provide a great cultural experiences to integrate within a host community, acquire language and intercultural skills, builds their self confidence an help to develop of the communities discovering new cultures and helps the young people to better understand the world in which they live and experience solidarity and cooperation.
Development projects are designed and chosen according to the own community needs, raised within the planning and vision of the community base groups and families. Activities can also be customized to fulfill specific interest of group’s interest we have experienced groups focus on topics like women leadership, entrepreneurship, sustainable tourism, environmental issues and geology.
Areas of service learning
Community volunteering projects
We have experienced practical projects on construction of new community services facilities, such as building of community halls, construction of libraries, beautification of churches, sport arena, trail cleaning, creation of information wood signs, play ground painting, orchards, live fences, churches aisles, school painting, roof painting,
Activities focused in promoting the cultural sharing of volunteers and locals with a positive turnout, i.e. English classes, environmental talks, community games and activities, costa Rican food workshops, providing spaces of growth and integral development taking part on socio-environmental projects in rural communities
Learn about biodiversity with educational visits or tourism to national parks or private reserves and participating on workshops focus on sustainable development goals of United Nations and the value of volunteering in the society.
In the community
During free time there will be chance to spend time with the host family and friends. Moreover, walks thorough the reserve’s trails, waterfall, nearby rivers and coffee plantations can be organized. During the week, in the evenings, there will be educational and recreational activities with the host families (i.e. group meetings, dancing classes, games).
Upon arrival the group’s will received an induction about safety and risk management, general Costa Rica information and the project and community.
The service learning experiences are developing in cooperation with rural communities all over Costa Rica with women organizations, farmer organizations, local developing organizations, nature reserves and indigenous communities like Boruca.
- Bilingual Guide (24/7)
- Accommodation Budget hotel or hostel (arrival and departure to San Jose)
- Private in-country transportation (Isla de Chira need take a boat)
- Lodging with Costa Rican families (individually or in pairs)
- All meals (special dietary requirements are available)
- All materials to support the projects
- Educational visits
- Certificate of hour’s service (for personal curriculum)
Do not include: Airfare to Costa Rica, personal items and travel insurance.
Basic information of the communities
- Availability of electricity and running water (drinking water)
- Families have TV, electrical appliances at home and laundry equipment.
- Participants will live under families’ rules and their style of life.
- Communities have basic services as clinics/ hospital in the community or close from them.
- Banks are load close or in the community.
- All have public telephone and pre-paid telephone cards, Internet access, taxis services and public transportation and emergency assistance as Red Cross.
- Distances from each participant could variant from 100 meters to 1 kilometer.
- Host families has great experience on host people
Fees: It would vary according to additional activities or special interest of each group, location of the community and group size. For a regular group of 15-20 people, fee is between US600-US800 per 1-week experience and US800 to US1100 per 2-week experience.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org