VIDA offers the national and/or foreign population volunteer positions and exchange programs. Volunteering makes important contributions. It brings benefits to both society at large and the individual volunteer who can grow personally, thereby:
- increasing his/her organization capacity, skills and self-esteem;
- giving the volunteer work experience by collaborating in a rural or urban community development project;
- developing a personal opinion about local, national and global environmental problems and being encouraged to search for concrete and direct solutions to such problems in his/her daily life;
- channelling scattered voluntary work towards a voluntary service program that benefits the environment in rural and urban communities and offers a stimulating educative experience to the participants;
- creating a mechanism, which connects young people within the organization and with different companies and institutions.
With more than 20 years experience, our volunteering activities contribute significantly to the management of biodiversity conservation. We work directly with concerned communities to implement models of sustainable development for future generations. We also raise consciousness and social environmental sensitivity in order the communities are able to take care and preserve their natural resources sustainably.
We offer spaces of growth and integral development to volunteers who are given the possibility to work in socio-environmental projects in rural communities. The volunteer program contributes to our effort to guarantee biodiversity conservation through direct contact with the communities.
VIDA offers volunteer programs of 2 to 4 weeks, for groups of 10 to 30 students. The volunteers participate in specific projects together with leaders of local communities and other members of the volunteer program. A VIDA staff member accompanies each group.
Some examples of such projects are the improvement of community infrastructure (schools, churches, etc.), construction of drains and maintenance of trails in natural reserves. Furthermore, the programs include educative visits outside the communities, as for example visits to thermal baths or national parks.
During their journey, the volunteers stay with families of the community and have thereby direct contact with the Costa Rican social and cultural reality. Besides the friendships that are made between volunteers and host community members, both sides gain many valuable experiences from this international cooperation. Ultimately, our Association aims at improving the quality of life of the communities where we work.
Further, VIDA’s volunteer program is inspired by the conviction that volunteerism can transform the nature of development and by the idea that everyone can contribute their time and energy towards sustainable development.
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com